The game itself is broken up into two parts: a daytime adventure, bonding with friends, and a nighttime battling enemies. The daytime sections will play out like most Japanese adventure games, where the player can walk around and talk to the magical girls to strengthen their bonds.The following characters have been confirmed in game with their respective weapons:
- Madoka Kaname: Shoots arrows of light. In a pinch, Kyubey will come to assist.
- Homura Akemi: Manipulates time and wields firearms.
- Mami Tomoe: Uses ribbon magic and guns for a long-distance advantage.
- Sayaka Miki: Attacks in short-distance with swords. Has high mobility and attack speed.
- Kyoko Sakura: Wields a spear for short to mid-range attacks.
Night time is where you can control one of the five magical girls with an AI partner to battle Witches. You can also increase bonds during these night sequences. There will be a timer during nighttime where you must navigate your way through a labyrinth and defeat all the witches in time. You will be using many basic attacks for each of the characters and combination attacks, when the special bar is full. A Combination attack is a powerful move that involves both characters.
You can see screenshots of the game below.
A new trailer of the game was also released.
The game will come with a standard and limited edition, with the standard edition costing 5,980¥ (~$60 USD) and the limited edition costing 8,980¥ (~ $90 USD). The limited edition copy will contain:
- An art book, Dessert Witch screen cleaner
- A copy of the soundtrack
- 5 DLC Costumes
- An interactive phone call with Homura via Voice World
The official website for Puella Magi Madoka Magica: The Battle Pentagram: http://madokamagica-game.psvita.bngames.net/
Source Article – Gematsu
Source Article and Images – Giant Bomb
“Puella Magi Madoka Magica: The Battle Pentagram”, “Puella Magi Madoka Magica”, images, video and all associated brands and titles © 2013 Artdink, Namco Bandai Games Inc. and SHAFT