The official website of the 15th Digimon Adventure Anniversary Project has unfortunately announced that the anticipated upcoming Digimon Adventure tri. anime will be delayed into the next season, which will start from July.
The anime itself was scheduled to air in the Spring 2015 anime season, beginning this April. The anime has now been pushed back to a July air date.
The main Digimon cast of the original Digimon Adventure anime and its sequel, Digimon Adventure 02, will be returning in Digimon Adventure tri. to voice their respective characters once again. They include:
- Chika Sakamoto (Kou Yaten from Sailor Moon: Super Stars) will return as Agumon
- Mayumi Yamaguchi (Forte Stollen in Galaxy Angel) will voice Gabumon
- Katori Shigematsu (Garudamon from Digimon X-Evolution) is back as Piyomon
- Junko Takeuchi (Naruto Uzumaki from Naruto) returning as Gomamon
- Kinoko Yamada (Jinko Komori in Itazura na Kiss) as Palmon
- Miwa Matsumoto (Akira Sukawara in Zettai Shounen) voices Patamon
- Takahiro Sakurai (Suzaku Kururugi from Code Geass) will be voicing Tentomon
- Yuka Tokumitsu (Rina Takashimizu from Futari wa Precure) voices Tailmon
The site has also revealed that the two main theme songs from the original Japanese version of the anime will return with new recordings. The Opening theme song, Butter-Fly, performed by Kyouji Wada, will return as the Opening theme song of the anime. Additionally, the song Brave Heart, by Ayumi Miyazaki, which was played during the Evolution/Digivolution scenes will also return.
The latest issue of Shueisha’s V Jump magazine has revealed a new image about the upcoming anime, featuring another look at Yamato “Matt” Ishida and his Digimon Gabumon.
Whilst the issue beforehand of V Jump showcased a new image of the series’ main protagonist Taichi ‘Tai’ Yagami and the first design for Agumon upcoming anime.
The main staff members of Digimon Adventure tri. includes:
- Director: Keitaro Motonaga (Date A Live, Katanagatari)
- Anime Character Designer: Atsuya Uki (tsuritama, Cencoroll)
- Series Composer: Yuko Kakihara (Sora no Otoshimono, Persona 4: The Animation)
- Animation Studio: Toei Animation (Sailor Moon Crystal, One Piece)
The Spring 2015 anime will be set 6 years after the end of the original series, and 3 years after Digimon Adventure 02. The newly announced anime will be produced by Toei Animation (Sailor Moon Crystal, One Piece) and follow 17 year old Tai who is currently in high school with Agumon. Toei Animation released the first teaser video about the new series:
Digimon (Digital Monsters in Japan) is a large multimedia franchise that was based on Bandai’s Digivice products, which first released in 1997. The toys were based on Tamagotchis, which were also produced by Bandai. The toys were seen as more female orientated products, so Bandai created a new line of products for a male equivalent. The first anime adaptation, Digimon Adventure, was produced in 1999 by Toei Animation. A film and TV anime were released alongside each other in 1999, the movie being a 20 minute anime produced by Mamoru Hosoda (Wolf Children, The Girl Who Leapt Through Time). Since then there has been numerous anime series, toys, figures, manga, video games and trading card games in the franchise. And this year, will mark the 15th anniversary of Digimon Adventure with a new anime titled Digimon Adventure tri. airing this Spring.
The Digimon Adventure tri. anime will now be airing from July during the Summer 2015 anime season. Further information about the anime will be released soon.
“Digimon Adventure tri.”, “Digimon”, “Digimon Adventure”, images and all associated brands and titles © 2015 Akiyoshi Hongo, Bandai and Toei Animation