Attention all Love Live! fans, the polls have now opened for you to choose the name of the idol group of the upcoming Love Live! Sunshine!! project! But you don’t have long as the polls will close on the 11th this month at 5:00pm JST.
As with Love Live! School Idol Project, the name of the idol group will be decided by the fans. The name of that series’ group was μ’s, which was decided in August 2010. Now, fans have the chance again to name the next big idol group that will attend Love Live! At the moment, anyone can vote as long as you follow the instructions, currently translated by Kitakubu. But first, what are the names that you can vote for?
There are currently a total of 15 possible names for the group:
- Aquors (pronounced Aqua), combination of Aqua and Ours
- Uranohoshi Shoujo-tai (Uranohoshi Girls Squad), The name of the school is Uranohoshi Girls Academy.
- Orange’squash, the academy is surrounded by mandarin orange trees.
- Kanon, sounds like canon
- KiSeKi, combination of miracle/wonder/marvel
- Sakuya, From the name of Konohanasakuya-hime, patron goddess of Mt. Fuji, located in the school’s prefecture
- SS’s (Sunshines), short for School and Save
- Shiokaze sail, inspired by the visual of girls in sailor uniforms at the beach
- Shinies, aiming to become shining idols
- Ceantea, combination of Ocean and Tea
- Stella, Italian for star
- Spica, Spica is the brightest star in the Virgo constellation
- Soleil, French for Sun
- Palettes!, Nine girls, nine colors
- Lir, the Celtic god of the sea
To vote for the group name, visit the following page and click on GO!: http://gs.dengeki.com/sunshine_tohyo/
Once there you will have to choose only one name. The names are in the same order above. After that you will have to select your gender, with Male as the second option (男性) and Female being the third (女性), your age in the next question, and an optional comment.Then you will have to accurately fill in the Captcha.
On the button, click on the right button that will take you to a screen reviewing your selection. If it is incorrect or you want to change, click the left button and you will return back to the previous page, otherwise click the right button. And if it is all done correctly you will see a confirmation message (受付を完了しました。).
The main cast and actresses for the main 9 girls of Love Live! Sunshine!! have been revealed and include:
- Anju Inami (Ino Yamanaka in the Naruto Stage Play) will voice Chika Takami
- Rikako Aida (Poona in Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart) voices Riko Sakurauchi
- Nanaka Suwa (Yaya in Aoi Sekai no Chuushin de) as Kanan Matsuura
- Arisa Komiya (Gravure Idol and Yoko Usami/Yellow Buster from Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters) is voicing Dia Kurosawa
- Shuka Saito (Unknown) will join the cast as You Watanabe
- Aika Kobayashi (Singer of Freezing ED) will voice Yoshiko Tsushima
- Kanako Takatsuki (Cover Artist, Part of AnisongCollab) as Hanamaru Kunikida
- Aina Suzuki (Contestant in the 2013 Anison Grand Prix) voices Mari Ohara
- Ai Furihata (Various Game Voices) is voicing Ruby Kurosawa
Additional information about the characters and project have also been revealed:
- The readers and fans of the series will be able to participate in the story
- After seeing the success of μ, Chika Takami wishes to follow in their footsteps and become a school idol. The new group can be seen as a sister looking up to μ
- The anime will be set in Uchiura, a small seaside town near Numazu, Shizuoka Perfecture
- The nine girls attend Ura no Hoshi Girls Academy, a school with less than 100 students
- The name of the new idol group will be chosen by the fans. A poll will be held online from the debut of the issue of Dengeki G’s, April 30, till May 11th.
It has been earlier revealed that animation studio Sunrise, who animated the Love Live! School Idol anime, filed a trademark for Love Live! Sunshine!! on March 27th this year. The trademark was filed to cover the following areas that will utilise the name: Trading cards and related products, clothing, accessories and related products, and home console related products.
Love Live! School Idol Project is an original anime produced by Sunrise studios that aired in January 2013. The conception of the anime project started in 2010 by Dengeki G’s Magazine. The editors wanted the project to be heavily influenced by fans, such as the costumes, hairstyles and names. Throughout this process, a manga of the project simply called Love Live! began in early 2012 by Sakurako Kimino and Arumi Tokita. The next part in the project was the anime series, followed by this app and an OVA. The second season of Love Live! School Idol Project aired last year and an anime film will be released this Summer.
Here is a synopsis of the series from MAL:
Otonokizaka High School stands on the border of three cities: Akihabara—a pop culture mecca that’s evolving by the minute; Kanda—a conservative, cultured city where history and tradition reign supreme; and Jinbo—a quiet area reserved for a more mature, sophisticated population. Amidst this culture clash, the school now faces closure due to the enrollment of fewer and fewer students.
With the school planning to close within three years, nine female students come together with one thing in mind—form a pop idol group to revive the school’s popularity and keep it from shutting down. “In order to protect our beloved school, there’s only one thing we can do… become pop stars!”
Voting for the idol group name for Love Live! Sunshine!! is open until June 11 at 5:00pm JST. Details about the new project are still scarce, if it were to follow route as Love Live! School Idol Project, a series of songs and albums will be produced, followed by various media adaptations including an anime series.
Source Article and Images – Love Live! Sunshine!! Group Name Voting
Source Article – Kitakubu
Source Article #2 – Kitakubu
“Love Live! Sunshine!!”, “Love Live! School Idol Project”, images and all associated brands and titles © 2015 Love Live! Project, Sunrise, Lantis and ASCII Media Works