Japanese media streaming site Crunchyroll have announced that the second part of the Digimon Adventure tri. anime, Digimon Adventure tri. Chapter 2: Ketsui, will be available from Friday, March 11 at 8:00am PST.
Crunchyroll will stream the next four episodes, 5-8, of the anime. That is, the episodes will be available on March 11th at 8:00am PST/11:00am EST/12:00pm SAST/3:00am AEDT (Saturday) for Crunchyroll users in over 50 countries. The first four episodes, Digimon Adventure tri. Chapter 1: Saikai, will be also livestreamed from 5:00pm PST on Friday.
Here is the synopsis of chapter 2 on Crunchyroll:
In the wake of the events of Digimon Adventure tri: Reunion, the DigiDestined inaugurate their newest members, Meiko Mochizuki and Meicoomon, with a trip to a nearby hot spring. Meanwhile, Joe is becoming more distant, struggling to balance his duty as a DigiDestined and the competitive world of academics. As the damage caused by Alphamon is slowly repaired, another infected Digimon, Ogremon, suddenly appears, and although they only have good intentions, the decisions the DigiDestined make now will have unforeseen consequences…
The second chapter will release in Japanese theatres on March 12th with the Blu-ray and DVD release of the second film releasing in Japan on April 2nd.
Here is the first promotional video for the second chapter:
The Digimon Adventure tri. series will be comprised of a total of 6 films, each film containing 4 episodes. The first film was composed of episodes 1-4 and released in Japanese theatres on December 18. The third chapter will be titled Digimon Adventure tri. Chapter 3: Kokuhaku (Confession) and will release in Summer 2016.
The cast of the anime includes:
- Natsuki Hanae (Inaho Kaizuka from Aldnoah.Zero) will voice lead character Taichi Yagami
- Suzuko Mimori (Umi Sonoda in Love Live! School Idol Project) voices Sora Takenouchi
- Yoshimasa Hosoya (Junpei Hyuuga in Kuroko’s Basketball) as Yamato Ishida
- Mutsumi Tamura (Sonya from Kill Me Baby) is voicing Koushiro Izumi
- Hitomi Yoshida (Haru Miura from Katekyo Hitman Reborn!) will voice Mimi Tachikawa
- Junya Ikeda (Ataru Suruga in Ginga Kikoutai Majestic Prince) voices Jo Kido
- Junya Enoki (Shion Kiba from Cardfight!! Vanguard G) as Takeru Takaishi
- Mao Ichimichi (Kazumi Schlierenzauer from Gokukoku no Brynhildr) will play Hikari Yagami
Two new characters to the series include:
- Daisuke Namikawa (Rokuro Okajima in Black Lagoon) joins the cast to voice Daigo Nishijima
- Yuuko Kaida (Shimei Ryomou from Ikkitousen) will voice Maki Himekawa
The main Digimon cast of the original Digimon Adventure anime and its sequel, Digimon Adventure 02, will be returning in Digimon Adventure tri. to voice their respective characters once again. They include:
- Chika Sakamoto (Kou Yaten from Sailor Moon: Super Stars) will return as Agumon
- Mayumi Yamaguchi (Forte Stollen in Galaxy Angel) will voice Gabumon
- Katori Shigematsu (Garudamon from Digimon X-Evolution) is back as Piyomon
- Junko Takeuchi (Naruto Uzumaki from Naruto) returning as Gomamon
- Kinoko Yamada (Jinko Komori in Itazura na Kiss) as Palmon
- Miwa Matsumoto (Akira Sukawara in Zettai Shounen) voices Patamon
- Takahiro Sakurai (Suzaku Kururugi from Code Geass) will be voicing Tentomon
- Yuka Tokumitsu (Rina Takashimizu from Futari wa Precure) voices Tailmon
The main staff members of Digimon Adventure tri. includes:
- Director: Keitaro Motonaga (Date A Live, Katanagatari)
- Anime Character Designer: Atsuya Uki (tsuritama, Cencoroll)
- Series Composer: Yuko Kakihara (Sora no Otoshimono, Persona 4: The Animation)
- Animation Studio: Toei Animation (Sailor Moon Crystal, One Piece)
Digimon (Digital Monsters in Japan) is a large multimedia franchise that was based on Bandai’s Digivice products, which first released in 1997. The toys were based on Tamagotchis, which were also produced by Bandai. The toys were seen as more female orientated products, so Bandai created a new line of products for a male equivalent. The first anime adaptation, Digimon Adventure, was produced in 1999 by Toei Animation. A film and TV anime were released alongside each other in 1999, the movie being a 20 minute anime produced by Mamoru Hosoda (Wolf Children, The Girl Who Leapt Through Time). Since then there has been numerous anime series, toys, figures, manga, video games and trading card games in the franchise. 2014 marked the 15th anniversary of Digimon Adventure with a new 6 episode anime film/OVA series anime titled Digimon Adventure tri.
Digimon Adventure tri. will be a 6 part anime film series with the first episode releasing in Japan on November 21st this year. Crunchyroll will stream the episodes five-eight of the anime, from 8:00am PST on March 11th.
Here is the Crunchyroll link for the anime: http://www.crunchyroll.com/digimon-adventure-tri
You can visit the anime’s official website here: http://digimon-adventure.net/
And follow the campaign on Twitter: @Digi_advntr15th
"Digimon Adventure tri.", "Digimon", "Digimon Adventure", images and all associated brands and titles © 2016 Akiyoshi Hongo, Bandai and Toei Animation