The official website of the Digimon Adventure anime project has revealed the first details for the upcoming 4th chapter of the 6 part Digimon Adventure tri. film series, titled Digimon Adventure tri. Chapter 4: Soushitsu (Loss). The chapter’s first visual was unveiled featuring Tai, Matt, Sora, Hououmon and Machinedramon.
The 4th chapter of the anime will release in Japanese theatres on February 25 2017 and will feature episodes 13-16. It will be out on Blu-ray and DVD on April 4th, 2017. The third chapter, Digimon Adventure tri. Chapter 3: Kokuhaku (Confession), released in Japan on September 24th this year, containing episodes 9-12. The Blu-ray and DVD of chapter 3 will be out in Japan on November, 2nd.
The Digimon Adventure tri. series will be comprised of a total of 6 films, each film containing 4 episodes.
The main cast of the Digi-Destined in Digimon Adventure tri. consists of:
- Natsuki Hanae (Inaho Kaizuka from Aldnoah.Zero) will voice lead character Taichi Yagami
- Suzuko Mimori (Umi Sonoda in Love Live! School Idol Project) voices Sora Takenouchi
- Yoshimasa Hosoya (Junpei Hyuuga in Kuroko’s Basketball) as Yamato Ishida
- Mutsumi Tamura (Sonya from Kill Me Baby) is voicing Koushiro Izumi
- Hitomi Yoshida (Haru Miura from Katekyo Hitman Reborn!) will voice Mimi Tachikawa
- Junya Ikeda (Ataru Suruga in Ginga Kikoutai Majestic Prince) voices Jo Kido
- Junya Enoki (Shion Kiba from Cardfight!! Vanguard G) as Takeru Takaishi
- Mao Ichimichi (Kazumi Schlierenzauer from Gokukoku no Brynhildr) will play Hikari Yagami
The main Digimon cast of the original Digimon Adventure anime returns in Digimon Adventure tri.:
- Chika Sakamoto (Kou Yaten from Sailor Moon: Super Stars) will return as Agumon
- Mayumi Yamaguchi (Forte Stollen in Galaxy Angel) will voice Gabumon
- Katori Shigematsu (Garudamon from Digimon X-Evolution) is back as Piyomon
- Junko Takeuchi (Naruto Uzumaki from Naruto) returning as Gomamon
- Kinoko Yamada (Jinko Komori in Itazura na Kiss) as Palmon
- Miwa Matsumoto (Akira Sukawara in Zettai Shounen) voices Patamon
- Takahiro Sakurai (Suzaku Kururugi from Code Geass) will be voicing Tentomon
- Yuka Tokumitsu (Rina Takashimizu from Futari wa Precure) voices Tailmon
The main staff members of Digimon Adventure tri. includes:
- Director: Keitaro Motonaga (Date A Live, Katanagatari)
- Anime Character Designer: Atsuya Uki (tsuritama, Cencoroll)
- Series Composer: Yuko Kakihara (Sora no Otoshimono, Persona 4: The Animation)
- Animation Studio: Toei Animation (Sailor Moon Crystal, One Piece)
Digimon (Digital Monsters in Japan) is a large multimedia franchise that was based on Bandai’s Digivice products, which first released in 1997. The toys were based on Tamagotchis, which were also produced by Bandai. The toys were seen as more female orientated products, so Bandai created a new line of products for a male equivalent. The first anime adaptation, Digimon Adventure, was produced in 1999 by Toei Animation. A film and TV anime were released alongside each other in 1999, the movie being a 20 minute anime produced by Mamoru Hosoda (Wolf Children, The Girl Who Leapt Through Time). Since then there has been numerous anime series, toys, figures, manga, video games and trading card games in the franchise. 2014 marked the 15th anniversary of Digimon Adventure with a new 6 episode anime film/OVA series anime titled Digimon Adventure tri. releasing in Japanese cinemas from November 2015.
The fourth chapter of Digimon Adventure tri., Digimon Adventure tri. Chapter 4: Soushitsu, will have its theatrical release in Japan on February 25th, 2017, with its Blu-ray and DVD coming out on April 4th, 2017. Additional details about chapter 4 will be revealed at a later date.
"Digimon Adventure tri. Chapter 4: Soushitsu", "Digimon Adventure tri.", "Digimon", "Digimon Adventure", images and all associated brands and titles © 2016 Akiyoshi Hongo, Bandai and Toei Animation