An anime adaptation of Cygames’ Manaria Mahou Gakuin event in their Shingeki no Bahamut (Rage of Bahamut) free to play mobile game was earlier announced. Recently, the anime’s official website has announced that its initial April air date has been delayed, among other major changes.
The Shingeki no Bahamut: Manaria Friends (Rage of Bahamut: Manaria Friends) anime was initially slated for an April 1st broadcast, but has been postponed to various circumstances. It would appear during the Ultra Super Anime Time block, as an anime short. There was also a planned pre-screening event on March 20 that has been cancelled.
In addition, the entire production staff were also removed from the site. The previously revealed staff included:
- Director and Series Composer: Takafumi Hoshikawa (Excel Saga, Happy Lesson)
- Anime Character Designer and Chief Animation Director: Megumi Ishihara (Fate/stay night, Moonlight Lady)
- Art Director: Kenichi Kurata (High School DxD BorN, Dorei Maid Princess )
- Music Composer: Takashi Watanabe (Full Metal Panic!, Gate Keepers)
- Animation Studio: Studio Hibari (Re:␣Hamatora , Major)
However, the site has kept the credits to the anime’s main cast alongside their characters:
- Yoko Hikasa (Mio Akiyama in K-ON!) who voices Anne
- Ayaka Fukuhara (Rin Shibuya in The iDOLM@STER: Cinderella Girls) as Grea
- Nana Mizuki (Hinata Hyuuga in Naruto) is voicing as Hanna
- Wataru Hatano (Hakuya Mitsumine in Mikakunin de Shinkoukei) will voice Owen
- Kimiko Koyama (Komoe Tsukuyomi from Toaru Majutsu no Index) voices Rue
- Kikuko Inoue (Sanae Furukawa in Clannad) is voicing Miranda
Here is the anime’s announcement video:
Shingeki no Bahamut (Rage of Bahamut) is a free to play mobile Collectable Card Game developed by Cygames. The game originally released on Android in January 2012, before making its way to iOS in April the same year. Since its release the game has become one of the most popular apps of the year with over 8 million players. The game involves players roaming the lands and fighting enemies using cards, from either Man, Demon or Gods cards. The game also holds numerous events with the major event titled Holy Wars. An anime adaptation of the game was produced for the 2014 Fall/Autumn anime season. Studio Mappa (Zankyou no Terror, Hajime no Ippo Rising) produced the series with Keiichi Satou (Saint Seiya: Legend of Sanctuary, Tiger & Bunny) directing.
Here is a synopsis of the original anime from MAL:
Mistarcia is a magical world where humans, gods, and demons mingle together. In the past, the black-and-silver winged Bahamut has threatened to destroy the land, but humans, gods, and demons overcame their differences to fight together and seal its power. The key to that seal was split in two, one half given to the gods and the other to demons, so that they would never be united and Bahamut never released. Now, two thousand years later, the world is in an era of peace—until the day a woman steals the gods’ half of the key.
The Shingeki no Bahamut: Manaria Friends TV anime has been delayed indefinitely from its April 1st debut, along with removing information about its announced staff members. Further information about the delay will be revealed at a later date.
Source Article - Anime News Network
Source Article #2 - Anime News Network
"Shingeki no Bahamut: Manaria Friends", "Rage of Bahamut: Manaria Friends", "Shingeki no Bahamut", "Rage of Bahamut", images, video and all associated brands and titles © 2016 Cygames, Studio Hibari and the Shingeki no Bahamut: Genesis Production Committee