The official website of P.A. Works’ (Angel Beats!, Nagi no Asukara) Shirobako anime has revealed the cover visual of the Premium Blu-ray‘s second volume. Additionally, the pre-order bonuses were also unveiled.
There will be two Shirobako Premium Blu-Ray volumes, each containing one cour of the anime (12 episodes each) and an Special on 3 Blu-ray Discs. Volume 1 will release on November 23rd with episodes 1-12 and will retail for ¥28,000 (~ US$275.00). Volume 2 will release on December 21st with episodes 13-24 and will also retail for ¥28,000 (~ US$275.00).
The Blu-rays will contain the first 12 episodes of the anime and the animated special (Exodus and The Third Aerial Girls Squad), whilst the fist CD will contain part of the OST, the second CD will have a collection of voicemail messages, and the third CD having the theme song of the volume’s special episode. Each volume will also contain:
- Storyboards of the volume’s special
- A set of illustration cards from original character designer Ponkan 8
- A special digipack illustrated by anime character designer Kanami Sekiguchi
- A 156 page booklet
- Uncredited Opening and Ending theme sequences
- New audio commentary
- A collection of voicemail messages from the main characters
Various retailers and online outlets are offering bonuses for pre-ordering both volumes:
- Animate – Acrylic keychains of the characters as chibis
- Gamers – A special storage box
- Toranoana – A special storage box
- Toranoana (if only one volume is pre-ordered) – an A3 poster
- Sofmap – A special storage box
- Amazon Japan – A special storage box
- Amazon Japan – A B2 fabric poster
- HMV – An A3 poster
- Tsutaya Online – An autographed clear file
Here is the promotional video for the first Premium Blu-ray volume:
And the PV for the second volume:
The main cast of the Shirobako anime includes:
- Juri Kimura (First major role) will voice Aoi Miyamori, the production manager of Musashino Animation
- Haruka Yoshimura (Kouko Kaminaga in Akuma no Riddle) voices Emma Yasuhara, the lead animator at Musashino Animation
- Asami Takano (First major role) voicing Misa Todou, the 3D CGI director at the studio
- Hitomi Ohwada (First major role) as Midori Imai, Musashino Animation’s lead writer
- Haruka Chisuga (Tsugumi Harudori in Soul Eater Not!) as Shizuka Sakaki, a voice actress working with Musashino Animation
The production staff of Shirobako consisted of:
- Director: Tsutomu Mizushima (Girls und Panzer, Another)
- Series Composer: Michiko Yokote (Genshiken, RDG: Red Data Girl)
- Original Character Designer: Ponkan 8 (Original Artist of Oregairu)
- Anime Character Designer and Chief Animation Director: Kanami Sekiguchi (Hanasaku Iroha, Tari Tari)
- Animation Studio: P.A. Works (Angel Beats!, Nagi no Asukara)
There has been many talks about a second season of the anime, however, the director of Shirobako, Tsutomu Mizushima (Girls und Panzer, Another), mentioned in an interview last July that a second season isn’t possible as his scheduled is filled for the next few years. He also notes that there is enough material to warrant a sequel.
Shirobako is an original series about creating anime. Specifically, it features a small group of cute girls aiming to tackle on one of Japan’s largest industries. The 5 girls work at Musashino Animation and each have a different and important role in the production of anime. The anime is a collaboration between P.A. Works with Girls und Panzer and Another director Tsutomu Mizushima. The anime began in October 2014 as a 2 cour series, ending in the Winter 2014/2015 anime season after a total of 24 episodes.
Here is a synopsis of the series from MAL:
Five girls chase their dreams. The story revolves around the everyday troubles and hardships that occur when working in the anime industry, and the results and conflicts that happen day-to-day among the group of girls.
There will be two Premium Blu-ray Volumes for Shirobako coming out at the end of the year, both at ¥28,000 (~ US$275.00) each. Volume 1 contains episodes 1-12 and volume 2 has episodes 13-24. The volumes will release on November 23rd and December 21st respectively.
Here is the Amazon Japan link for Vol. 1: https://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/ASIN/B01LTHL59M/
And the link for Vol. 2: https://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/ASIN/B01LTHL59C/
"Shirobako", images and all associated brands and titles © 2016 P.A. Works, Tsutomu Mizushima, Ponkan 8 and Shirobako Production Committee