The official website of the TV anime adaptation of Yuuki Tabata’s Black Clover manga has revealed the plans for the home media release of the series. The plans are listing the anime to run for a total of 51 episodes, effectively one whole year.
There will be a total of 5 volumes for the Black Clover anime, which each volume containing approximately 10 episodes, totalling 51 episodes (the final volume also lists episode 51 as the last). The anime will also have 4 different Opening and Ending sequences, running for a total of 4 cours (4 consecutive seasons). Generally each season will feature 12-13 episodes, also confirming that the anime will run for 51 episodes.
Each volume will also contain a special feature, audio commentary, and a special booklet. The Blu-ray edition will retail for ¥18,360 (~ US$160.00) and the DVD edition will retail for ¥16,200 (~ US$142.00).
The release schedule for the volumes is listing:
- Volume 1: February 23rd, 2018 – Episodes 1 – 10
- Volume 2: May 25th, 2018 – Episodes 11 – 19
- Volume 3: July 27th, 2018 – Episodes 20 – 29
- Volume 4: October 26th, 2018 – Episodes 30 – 39
- Volume 5: January 25th, 2019 – Episodes 40 – 51
The Black Clover TV anime began its broadcast on Tuesday, October 3rd at 6:25pm JST on TV Tokyo and its affiliate stations. Rebroadcasts of the series currently airs on Sundays at 12:58am JST.
The main cast of the anime includes:
- Gakuto Kajiwara (Debut Role) will lead the cast as Asta
- Nobunaga Shimazaki (Haruka Nanase in Free!) as Yuno
- Junichi Suwabe (Archer from Fate/stay night) voicing Yami Sukehiro
- Kana Yuuki (Rinslet Laurenfrost in Seireitsukai no Blade Dance) will voice Noelle Silva
- Jun Fukuyama (Lelouch Lamperouge in Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch) voices Finral Roulacase
- Genki Muro (Youji Takatsu from Busou Chuugakusei: Basket Army) voicing the role of Magna Swing
- Ayumu Murase (Shouyou Hinata from Haikyuu!!) as Luck Voltia
- Satoshi Hino (Momonga from Overlord) joins the cast to voice Gauch Adlai
- Toshiyuki Morikawa (Minato Namikaze in Naruto) is voicing Julius Nova Chrono
- Katsuyuki Konishi (America from Hetalia) voices Fuegoleon Vermilion
- Kousuke Toriumi (Shunsuke Imaizumi from Yowamushi Pedal) as Nozel Silva
- Daisuke Namikawa (Rokuro Okajima in Black Lagoon) voicing the role of Jack the Ripper
- Yuu Kobayashi (Sasha Blouse from Attack on Titan) will voice Charlotte Roselei
The leading members of the anime’s production staff consists of:
- Director: Tatsuya Yoshihara (Monster Musume, Yoru no Yatterman)
- Series Composer: Kazuyuki Fudeyasu (Monster Musume, Gochuumon wa Usagi desu ka?)
- Anime Character Designer: Itsuko Takeda (Honou no Mirage, Kingdom)
- Anime Sub Character Designer: Kumiko Tokunaga (Bleach and Sousei no Onmyouji Key Animator)
- Art Director: Yuki Maeda (Fate/Zero and Steins;Gate Background Artist)
- Music Composer: Minako Seki (Kingdom, Gin no Guardian)
- Animation Studio: Studio Pierrot (Naruto, Tokyo Ghoul)
The Opening theme of the anime is Haruka Mirai performed by Kankaku Piero and the Ending theme is Aoi Honou by Itowokashi.
Here is the latest trailer for the anime:
Black Clover is a fantasy, shonen manga written and illustrated by Yuuki Tabata. Tabata began the series in February 2015 in Shueisha’s Weekly Shonen Jump magazine, where to date a total of 12 compiled volumes have been published, with over 900,000 copies in print. The series received an OVA adaptation for the 2016 Jump Festa event by studio Xebec (To LOVE-Ru, Haiyore! Nyaruko-san) and directed by Takashi Noto (Soukyuu no Fafner: Dead Aggressor, Heroic Age). The OVA was also bundled with the manga’s 11th volume.
Here is the series synopsis from MAL:
Asta and Yuno were abandoned together at the same church, and have been inseparable since. As children, they promised that they would compete against each other to see who would become the next Emperor Magus. However, as they grew up, some differences between them became plain. Yuno was a genius with magic, with amazing power and control, while Asta could not use magic at all, and tried to make up for his lack by training physically. When they received their Grimoires at age 15, Yuno got a spectacular book with a four-leaf clover (most people receive a three-leaf-clover), while Asta received nothing at all. However, when Yuno was threatened, the truth about Asta’s power was revealed, he received a five-leaf clover Grimoire, a “black clover”! Now the two friends are heading out in the world, both seeking the same goal!
The Black Clover TV anime currently airs every Tuesday at 6:25pm JST on TV Tokyo. The anime is set to run for a total of 51 episodes.
Source Article - Anime News Network
"Black Clover", images, videos, and all associated brands and titles © 2017 Yuuki Tabata, Shueisha, Studio Pierrot and the Black Clover Production Committee