The official website of the anime adaptation of Tsukasa Fushimi and Hiro Kanzaki’s Eromanga-sensei light novel series has announced that the series will be getting an OVA for 2018. The announcement was made at the end of the recent stage event, Eromanga-fes.
The OVA announcement was made at the recent Eromanga-fes event on Sunday. The event hosted a talk session with the anime’s main cast and performances by ClariS and TrySail of the Opening and Ending themes, respectively.
Here is the announcement video of the OVA from Eromanga-fes:
The Eromanga-sensei anime premiered on Sunday, April 9th 2017 at 12:30am JST on Tokyo MX, during the Spring 2017 anime season. The series ran for a total of 12 episodes.
The anime’s main cast includes:
- Akane Fujita (Akane Mimori from Aikatsu!) voicing lead character Sagiri Izumi
- Yoshitsugu Matsuoka (Kirito from Sword Art Online) voices Masamune Izumi
- Minami Takahashi (Megumi Tadokoro from Shokugeki no Souma) as Elf Yamada
- Saori Oonishi (Ais Wallenstein in DanMachi) will voice Muramasa Senju
- Ibuki Kido (Nanami Knight Bladefield in Kanojo ga Flag wo Oraretara) playing the role of Megumi Jinno
- Yui Ishikawa (Mikasa Ackerman in Attack on Titan) as Tomoe Takasago
The series’ production staff consists of:
- Director: Ryohei Takeshita (New Game! and The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-chan Episode Director)
- Series Composer: Tatsuya Takahashi (The IDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls, Netoge no Yome wa Onna no ko ja Nai to Omotta?)
- Anime Character Designer: Hiro Kanzaki (Original Artist, Oreimo)
- Producer: Shinichiro Kashiwada (Oreimo, Sword Art Online)
- Animation Studio: A-1 Pictures (Sword Art Online, Aldnoah.Zero)
Here is the latest PV for the anime:
Eromanga-sensei is a romance light novel series written by Tsukasa Fushimi with illustrations by Hiro Kanzaki, both of Oreimo fame. The series began in late 2013 under the Dengeki Bunko imprint, after the two completed the Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai light novel series in mid 2013. To date, the series has a total of 7 volumes released in Japan. A manga adaptation of Eromanga-sensei is currently being produced alongside the novels. The series received a TV anime adaptation for Spring 2017 for a total of 12 episodes. The series was directed by Ryohei Takeshita (New Game! and The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-chan Episode Director) and produced by A-1 Pictures (Sword Art Online, Aldnoah.Zero).
Here is the series synopsis from MAL:
The “new sibling romantic comedy” revolves around Masamune Izumi, a light novel author in high school. Masamune’s little sister is Sagiri, a shut-in girl who hasn’t left her room for an entire year. She even forces her brother to make and bring her meals when she stomps the floor. Masamune wants his sister to leave her room, because the two of them are each other’s only family.
Masamune’s novel illustrator, pen name “Eromanga”, draws extremely perverted drawings, and is very reliable. Masamune had never met his illustrator, and figured he was just a disgusting, perverted otaku. However, the truth is revealed… that his “Eromanga-sensei” is his own younger sister! To add to the chaos that erupts between the siblings, a beautiful, female, best-selling shoujo manga creator becomes their rival!
An OVA of the Eromanga-sensei anime has been announced and is set to release in 2018. Further details about the special episode will be revealed in the future.