The official website of the anime adaptation of Koi’s Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka? (Is the order a rabbit?) 4koma manga has revealed that the previously announced theatrical OVA will release in cinemas across Japan on November 11th. In addition, new visuals were also revealed.
The new theatrical special will be titled Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka?? ~Dear My Sister~ (Is the order a rabbit?? ~Dear My Sister~) and will release in 40 theatres across Japan on November 11th. A CD of the episode’s theme song will also be released on the same day, with a new character CD coming in October.
Advanced tickets for the episode are currently on sale with two different versions, each with a special visual. A bundle is available that contains a ticket to the film and a limited edition B6 sized acrylic plate of the visual. Note that the plate will only be available again for purchase at Comiket 92. The budle is retailing for ¥3,000 (~ US$27.50) without tax.
The main cast of the anime will return for the special:
- Ayane Sakura (Natsumi Koshigaya in Non Non Biyori) returns to voice Kokoa Hoto
- Inori Minase (Noel in Sora no Method) voicing as Chino Kafuu
- Risa Taneda (Mirai Kuriyama in Kyoukai no Kanata) voices Rize Tedeza
- Maaya Uchida (Rikka Takanashi from Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!) will voice Sharo Kirima
- Satomi Sato (Ritsu Tainaka from K-ON!) as Chiya Ujimatsu
- Sora Tokui (Nico Yazawa in Love Live! School Idol Project) is back to voice Maya Jouga
- Rie Murakawa (Hotaru Ichijou in Non Non Biyori) voices Megumi Natsu
- Saori Hayami (Ayase Aragaki from Oreimo) is voicing as Midori Aoyama
- Show Hayami (Nicholas D. Wolfwood in Trigun) voicing as Takahiro Kafuu
The production staff of the special consists of:
- Director and Series Composer: Hiroyuki Hashimoto (Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka?)
- Anime Character Designer: Yousuke Okuda (Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka?, The IDOLM@STER Animation Director)
- Music Composer: Ruka Kawada (Kiniro Mosaic, Senran Kagura)
- Animation Studios: production doA (Debut)
Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka? (Is the order a rabbit?) is a comedy, slice of life, 4koma manga written and illustrated by Koi. The manga began in 2011 being published in Houbunsha’s Manga Time Kirara Max magazine. To date a total of 5 volumes have been compiled and released in Japan. A 12 episode anime adaptation of the series was produced last year by White Fox (Steins;Gate, Akame ga Kill!) and was directed by Hiroyuki Hashimoto (Code Geass and Tiger & Bunny Episode Director). A second season of the anime aired in the Fall/Autumn 2015 anime season for 12 episodes.
Here is a synopsis of the series from MAL:
Kokoa Hoto is a positive and energetic girl who becomes friends with anyone in just three seconds. After moving in with the Kafuu family in order to attend high school away from home, she immediately befriends the shy and precocious granddaughter of Rabbit House cafe’s founder, Chino Kafuu, who is often seen with the talking rabbit, Tippy, on her head.
After beginning to work as a waitress in return for room and board, Kokoa also befriends another part-timer, Rize Tedeza, who has unusual behavior and significant physical capabilities due to her military upbringing; Chiya Ujimatsu, a waitress from a rival cafe who does everything at her own pace; and Sharo Kirima, another waitress at a different cafe who has the air of a noblewoman despite being impoverished.
A new episode of Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka? will be getting a limited theatrical release this November, titled Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka?? ~Dear My Sister~. Further information about the anime will be revealed at a later date.
Source Article - Anime News Network
"Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka?? ~Dear My Sister~", "Gochuumon Wa Usagi Desu Ka?", "Is the order a rabbit?, images and all associated brands and titles © 2017 Koi, production doA, White Fox, Kinema Citrus. Houbunsha and the Gochuumon Production Committee