The first promotional video has been released for the upcoming second season for the TV anime of Nisio Isin and Vofan’s Owarimonogatari entry in the Monogatari light novel series. The new video introduces to us the main characters of the entry’s final volume, and showing off the three stories that will be adapted. The video also previews the Ending theme song, Shiori by ClariS.
The second season and final volume of the Owarimonogatari anime will broadcast on August 12 and 13 as two hour specials, runtime equivalent of 7 episodes, covering volume 3.
Here is the first commercial for the 2017 anime:
The new anime will adapt the third volume of the Owarimonogatari novels, which was previously announced in March 2016. The final volume contains the Mayoi Hell, Hitagi Rendezvous and Ougi Dark story arc.
The first two volumes of the Owarimonogatari light novels were covered in the 2015 TV anime adaptation, which includes the Ougi Formula, Sodachi Riddle, Sodachi Lost and Shinobu Mail story arcs. We compiled a comparison of the Blu-ray and TV versions.
The main cast of the 2015 Owarimonogatari anime includes:
- Hiroshi Kamiya (Izaya Orihara from Durarara!!) returns to voice Koyomi Araragi
- Kaori Mizuhashi (Miyako in Hidamari Sketch) is back as Ougi Oshino
- Marina Inoue (Laura Bodewig from IS: Infinite Stratos) joins the cast to voice Sodachi-Oikura
The anime’s staff is as follows:
- Series Director and Series Composer: Akiyuki Shinbo (Bakemonogatari, Hanamonogatari)
- Director: Itamura Tomoyuki (Monogatari Series Second Season, Tsukimonogatari)
- Series Composer: Fuyashi Tou (Nisekoi, Tsukimonogatari)
- Anime Character Designer and Chief Animation Director: Akio Watanabe (Nisemonogatari, Tsukimonogatari)
- Music Composer: Kei Haneoka (Tsukimonogatari, Owarimonogatari)
- Animation Studio: Shaft (Nisekoi, Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica)
Here is a synopsis of the first series:
Koyomi Araragi, a third year high school student who is almost human again after briefly becoming a vampire. One day, a classmate named Hitagi Senjōgahara, who infamously never talks to anyone, falls down the stairs into Koyomi’s arms. He discovers that Hitagi weighs next to nothing, in defiance of physics. Despite being threatened by her, Koyomi offers his help, and introduces her to Meme Oshino, a middle-aged homeless man who helped him stop being a vampire.