During a recent rebroadcast of the 2013 anime of Nito+ and 5pb’s Steins;Gate, a ticker during one of the episodes announced that the upcoming Steins;Gate 0 TV anime adaptation will start airing from Spring 2018. The official website of the anime has also updated the visual to reflect the new details, and revealed the first promotional video, returning cast and staff.
Here is the updated visual:
The anime will premiere during the Spring 2018 anime season, which will start in April.
Here is the first promotional video for the anime:
The main cast of the 2013 anime will return for the 2018 sequel:
- Mamoru Miyano (Rin Matsuoka in Free!) will reprise his role as Rintaro Okabe
- Kana Hanazawa (Kanade Tachibana from Angel Beats!) as Mayuri Shiina
- Tomokazu Seki (Suneo Honekawa in Doraemon) returning to voice Itaru ‘Daru’ Hashida
- Asami Imai (Chihaya Kisaragi from The iDOLM@STER) voicing as Kurisu Makise
- Saori Gotou (Kukuru Anrakutei in Kukuru Anrakutei) voicing the role of Moeka Kiryuu
- Yuu Kobayashi (Sasha Blouse from Attack on Titan) as Ruka Urushibara
- Haruko Momoi (Yurume Aida in Yurumates) returning as Feyris Nyannyan
- Yukari Tamura (Nui Harime in Kill la Kill) back to voice Suzuha Amane
In addition to the returning main cast, the cast members for the new characters were also revealed:
- Sayuri Yahagi (Suzu Hagimura from Seitokai Yakuindomo) will voice Maho Hiyajou
- Megumi Han (Atsuko Kagari from Little Witch Academia) joining the cast as Kagari Shiina
- Yukari Tamura (Jibril from No Game No Life) as Yuki Amane
There will be new staff members producing the anime sequel; the leading members consists of:
- Director: Kenichi Kawamura (SoniAni: Super Sonico the Animation, Qualidea Code)
- Series Composer: Jukki Hanada (Love Live! School idol project, Kyoukai no Kanata)
- Anime Character Designer: Tomoshige Inayoshi (Battle Spirits, Buddy Complex)
- Animation Studio: White Fox (Akame ga Kill!, Re:Zero)
The Steins;Gate 0 anime is part of the Steins;Gate World Line 2017-2018 project, which comprises of various adaptations and releases in the Steins;Gate franchise. Here is the announcement video for the project:
Here is the teaser for the S;G 0 anime:
The next announcement is a manga adaptation of Steins;Gate 0 that will start serialization in Kadokawa Shoten’s Young Ace magazine, alongside a light novel adaptation. Further details about the adaptations, and future projects, will be announced at a later date.
Steins;Gate 0 is an official sequel to the original game and anime (however taking place before the final moments in another timeline), but will not be an entirely new concept and story. It will be based on all the material released after the game, including the three novels and the various drama CDs. The game released internationally on the PlayStation 4 and Vita in 2016.
Here is the game’s synopsis:
The story of the game takes place on the beta world line, where Okabe could not save his precious person, Kurisu, on July 28, and ended up returning alone. However, the trailer for the game notes that Okabe does not know that Kurisu is in fact still there.
Steins;Gate is part of the series of science adventure games, a collaboration between developers Nito+ and 5pb. The games play out similarly to modern visual novels but notably with the usage of the main character’s device casually known as a trigger. All games focus heavily on scientific methods and theories and are incorporated into the game. The first game in the series was Chaos;Head, which released in 2008 for the PC. Steins;Gate originally released on the Xbox 360 before being ported to the PC, and all current generations, at the time, of consoles in Japan. An anime adaptation of the game was produced in 2011 that was directed by Hiroshi Hamasaki (Terraformars, Blade & Soul) and Takuya Satou (Selector Infected Wixoss, Ichigo Mashimaro) and produced by White Fox (Katanagatari, Jormungand). A sequel film to the anime was produced in 2013 and featured an original story. A sequel light novel titled Steins;Gate The Committee of Antimatter was supposed to release in 2014, but was cancelled within a month of release. A sequel to the series was released in Japan in later 2015, which will be adapted into an anime.
Here is the synopsis of the Steins;Gate anime from MAL:
The eccentric mad scientist Okabe, his childhood friend Mayuri, and the otaku hacker Daru have banded together to form the “Future Gadget Research Laboratory,” and spend their days in a ramshackle laboratory hanging out and occasionally attempting to invent incredible futuristic gadgets. However, their claymore is a hydrator and their hair dryer flips breakers, and the only invention that’s even remotely interesting is their Phone Microwave, which transforms bananas into oozing green gel. But when an experiment goes awry, the gang discovers that the Phone Microwave can also send text messages to the past. And what’s more, the words they send can affect the flow of time and have unforeseen, far-reaching consequences—consequences that Okabe may not be able to handle…
The Steins;Gate 0 anime is currently in production and is scheduled to air in April 2018, during the Spring 2018 anime season. Further details about the sequel anime will be revealed at a later date.
Source Article and Image - Otakomu
"Steins;Gate 0", "Steins;Gate", image, videos and all associated brands and titles © 2017 5pb., Nitro+, Mages inc. and White Fox